- Main Navigation
- Cleared markets
- Eurex Exchange
- Eurex Bonds
- Eurex Repo
- Securities lending
- Deutsche Börse's cash market
- Irish Stock Exchange
- European Energy Exchange
- Eurex/KRX Link
- Transaction management
- Transaction management listed derivatives
- EurexOTC transaction management
- Transaction management listed securities
- Cash management
- Delivery management
- Risk management
- Lines of defense
- Default management process
- Client Asset Protection
- Margining process
- Risk parameters
- Eurex Credit Clear
- Haircut and adjusted exchange rates
- Derivatives margin groups and classes
- Maturity factors
- Vola shifts
- Securities margin groups and classes
- File services
- Eurex Clearing Prisma
- System-based risk controls
- Collateral management
- Admission requirements
- Clearing contacts
- Connectivity alternatives
- New clearing architecture
- Eurex Release 14.0
- VALUES API & MISS decommissioning
- Simulation calendar
- Production Newsboard
- Rules and Regulations
- Training courses
We accept four currencies as cash collateral. These are EUR, CHF, USD and GBP. In general, overnight margin calls will only take place in EUR and CHF. For covering intraday margin calls and overnight margin requirements, however, Members may use all four currencies.
Only EUR and CHF may be deposited in central bank accounts at the Deutsche Bundesbank or Schweizerische Nationalbank (SNB). In the case of international payment banks, GBP and USD are also accepted.
Please note the following currency-specific deadlines for cash collateral deposit:
In order to safeguard the Clearing House and its Clearing Members, Eurex Clearing follows a restrictive investment policy for cash deposits:
- Cash investment only takes place on a short-term basis (overnight)
- Cash investment takes place mostly as secured investment
- Securities for deposit must have first class credit rating
- Cash investment only takes place at counterparts with high creditworthiness
Eurex Clearing passes on interest from cash investments to its Clearing Members, although a deduction from the return is withheld by the Clearing House.
- For clearing currencies EUR and CHF, the deduction currently is 20 basis points.
- For margin currencies USD and GBP, a deduction of 50 basis points is applied.
The following rules apply:
- Cash collateral is released on the same business day for all accepted currencies (EUR, CHF, GBP, USD) if notification is provided by 9:30 a.m. CET. Otherwise cash collateral is released the next business day.
- Cash collateral must be deposited from cash accounts that Clearing Members have communicated to Eurex Clearing as relevant cash settlement accounts.
Eurex Group on
© Eurex Clearing AG